Friday, March 8, 2019

WHALE PUNS HERE

My husband's side of the family has a big family reunion every other summer. Paul and I have taken up an important role in this get-together -- not the location or budget, the t-shirts. I'm a big fan of really cheesy family reunion shirts, so I suggested we do it in secret last time. The surprise was a big hit and we all wore them proudly. Last time, we id an outdoors kind of trip in Vermont, so the shirt had a squirrel and the front read "Nuts about our family". The back had a pile of acorns, with each family member's name in an acorn.

This year, we will be in San Juan Island, WA, where orca sightings are common and a big draw for nature-loving tourists. So, after learning a bit more about the differences among whales, dolphins, and porpoises, we let the puns fly. We've narrowed it down to four: Whale, hello there!, Have a whale of a time, The Orca-stra, and Wingardium leviorca. Given the nature of the SOLSC participants, I think I can guess which one you all will like, but I'm going to ask anyway. What's your vote?


1 comment:

  1. It's a no brainer for my...Wingardium leviorca. Did you hear about the new discovery of the species of killer whales this week?

    ReplyDelete